Esports, also known as electronic sports, is a type of organized competitive video gaming or also referred to as an esports event. It has become a popular form of entertainment, with a growing number of players and spectators. In fact, the global esports audience is estimated to be over 335 million people!
Esports is often used to refer to the entire industry surrounding professional gaming, including live events such as those held by Major League Gaming (MLG), video game competitions hosted by Electronic Sports League, and leagues like the Professional e-Sports League (PESL) and avid fans can even bet esports through legit esports betting sites.
The most popular esports in Malaysia games are:
- League of Legends (LoL)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)
- Dota 2 (DotA 2)
The Rise Of esports in Malaysia
According to a 2018 survey by the Esports Industry, esports in Malaysia fans spend an average of 13 hours per week playing video games or checking out esports event. And that’s just the average—65% of esports fans say they spend more than 20 hours per week playing games.
The gaming industry is growing rapidly in Malaysia. The country has one of the highest rates of mobile internet penetration in Southeast Asia, with over 80% of its population having access to the internet through their smartphones or tablets.
In addition to being an integral part of Malaysian culture, esports in Malaysia have also become increasingly mainstream in recent years. Local professional teams have emerged, as well as national leagues and tournaments and even sites where people can bet esports.
Win In esports betting
If you are a huge fan of esports event, then you might have already heard of esports betting. This is a type of gambling where people bet esports on the outcome of esports event or competitions. This can be done through traditional sportsbooks or websites that specialize in esports betting.
Esports gambling is part of this booming industry and has become increasingly popular as more people realize they can bet esports on their favorite teams, players and leagues to win real money! But unlike traditional sports, esports betting has a lot of moving parts—and those moving parts make esports gambling a whole different beast.
- You see, traditional sports betting involves two teams competing against one another in a physical sport like soccer or basketball; the winner of that game determines who wins the bet. In esports, however, there are no two teams competing against one another—there are just individual players competing on their own.
- There are also no rules dictating how long each player must play or even how long they have to compete before they can win or lose the bet; they just have to complete their mission within the time allotted by whoever has made the bet (usually someone watching from home).
- It’s easy to bet on esports event and tournaments because there are many different sites that offer odds for each match or event.
- You don’t have to be an expert in esports to make a smart bet on an esport game or tournament—you just need to know which team or player has the best chance of winning.
- Esports gambling is very popular among younger people who play video games because it gives them another way to make money while also having fun!
- You can practice your betting strategy
- It’s a fun way to learn about the esports scene
- Know who the favorites are in each match-up. This can help you identify which teams are likely to win their games and give you an early edge in finding value bets on those teams later in the season.
- Watch as many games as possible so that when it comes time for betting, you’ll have a solid understanding of how each player performs under pressure (and whether they’re prone to choking).
- Start small—don’t put all your eggs in one basket!
- Never bet on an underdog—you’ll lose more often than not.
- Look for consistent winners. If you’ve found a tipster whose information is always accurate, then stick with them! They’ll be able to give you more in-depth analysis than someone who is just starting out, and their predictions will come with more confidence.
- Make sure to check the odds before you bet. If they’re not good, then move on.
- Do your homework! Look at the teams’ history together and try to predict how they’ll do against each other based on their past performances. For example, if one team has won 80% of its games against another team in the past five years, then you can reasonably assume that this trend will continue into their next match-up—and then maybe even beyond.
Reasons Why esports Gambling Is Becoming Popular
Esports gambling has become a huge industry in the last few years, as more and more people are getting into video games and watching other players compete and bet esports. With the rise of online betting sites, people can place bets on esports in Malaysia games and tournaments just like they would on any other sport.
Here are some of the benefits of esports gambling:
You can make new friends! Gambling is a great way to connect with people who share your interests and hobbies—and if that’s watching esports matches online, then this is definitely something we recommend trying out at least once!
How To Make Good Bets In esports
It’s never too late to learn how to bet on esports! No matter what your level of experience is, there are some simple things you can do that will help you make the best bets possible. First, it’s important to understand the difference between a “safe” bet and an “unsafe” bet. A safe bet is one where you’re fairly certain what team or player will win. An unsafe bet is one where it’s more difficult to predict who will win.
Check out these other tips: